Please note – these details may change due to updated government and industry guidance
May 2021 – update
We re-opened on 17th May 2021. With current guidance for the sector being applied.
For All Bookings
Following current government and industry guidelines regarding the Covid-19 pandemic we are required to operate differently to ensure we protect guests and ourselves. With this in mind we have considered the most appropriate changes to manage Covid-19 here at The Lansbury. It is your decision, ultimately, if you choose to come and stay with us. But we are doing our best to ensure appropriate measures are in place to keep everyone safe. If you have any questions please get in touch with us. We hope you decide to stay with us and we wish you a safe and enjoyable visit.
Terms – amendments
Below are tempoary amendments to our Booking Terms and Conditions – inplace for bookings with stays up to 30/11/21 (Revised 17/05/21 inline with government guidance)
- Free cancellation for any guests cancelling due to the onset of Coronavirus symptoms up to 24hrs prior to arrival date (No shows will be charged the full amount)
- Guests who develop symptoms after arrival are expected to inform us and to return home immediately to begin self-isolation with all members of their party. We would be unable to refund any remaining nights of the booking.
- If guests are unable/unwilling to travel home and are then required to isolate here at The Lansbury, you will be responsible for reasonable costs associated with an extended stay (to be agreed with the owners) – please check your travel insurance prior to arrival to see if you are covered for this eventuality.
- If we are unable to fulfil your booking and have to cancel your stay due to our illness or a need for a guest to self-isolate on site we will endeavour to re-locate you to a partner property via the All About Whitby website or you can search for an alternative yourselves.
- Email check-in procedure will be sent to guests at least 5 days prior to arrival and must be returned prior to the day of arrival. This form will replace the usual form which is signed on check-in and will form the contract of your stay.
- All guest names associated with the booking must be sent to us prior to your arrival date.
- On arrival we will only permit one room to check-in at a time, please wear a face mask. Please be patient with us if there are other guests checking in when you arrive. The check-in process will consist of a quick welcome from either Garath or Alison, collection of your keys and breakfast arrangements
We will not be taking card payments using our card terminal to minimise the number of surfaces handled by guests and to maintain good social distancing behaviour. Therefore, we are automating as much of the process as possible. However, we realise that guests may wish to pay in different ways. We can be flexible with payments before or on the day of your arrival. However, you will be asked to settle your bill in one of 3 ways which you will need to inform us of on the pre-check-in form:
- Cash – exact money in an envelope placed on the hall table during check-in
- Online payment taken by us using the Stripe System connected to the booking platform – This requires a valid credit/debit card to have been entered. This is usually done at the time of booking, but if not please contact us with your card details. This system is PCI Compliant and your card details are fully secure.
- Pre-pay online via BACS/Bank transfer using your Surname and Arrival Date as the reference (this must be completed prior to your arrival date)
Once payments have been made/taken we will issue you an electronic invoice after your stay.
Cleaning changes – Covid-19 Secure Guidance
In addition to our usual high standards of cleaning for all rooms, we will be making some changes to meet the requirements of government and industry guidance. We want to ensure that guests are confident to stay with us, so will be participating in the Visit England kitemark – ‘We’re Good To Go’
- Cleaning of rooms to be carried out once guests have checked-out by the owner wearing appropriate PPE (Masks/Gloves/Aprons)
- General cleaning of all rooms to include the use of antibacterial wipes/sprays on hard and soft surfaces
- Hand contact surfaces to be disinfected when a guest checks out to include, but not limited to:
- Light switches
- Bedside tables
- Drawer handles
- Remote controls
- Door handles – inside and out
- Window handles/catches
- Hair dryer handles
- Wardrobe doors/keys
- Kettle handle and lid
- Radiator controls
- Flush handles and toilet seats
- Shower Cubicle
- Room Keys
- All laundry items to be removed from the rooms in separate bags by the owner wearing PPE (Masks/Gloves/Aprons)
- Bed linen, duvets, sheets & pillowcases to be removed and washed at 60o on a standard wash then tumbled dried and left at least 3 days before ironing and reusing
- Cleaned laundry items to be stored away from guests
- Used towels to be washed at 60o on a standard wash then tumbled dried and left for at least 3 days before reusing
- Regular cleaning of common touch areas with anti-bacterial wipes – main door handles, light switches digital locks, banisters & other hard surfaces
- Access to hand sanitiser in a self-dispensing handsfree unit in the hallway – to be used on entry and exit
- Hand washing signage in all ensuites and on website
- Tables, chairs & surfaces to be cleaned with anti-bacterial spray daily, after use
- All cutlery & crockery to be washed in the dishwasher at 65o
- Individually packaged condiments (Salt, pepper, sauces, sugar, sweeteners and jams) available to same guests daily, then removed after check-out
- Individual butter portions to be placed on tables, unused portions to be thrown away after service
- Flooring cleaned daily
- Kitchen to follow HSE Food Safety guidelines for appropriate cooking and cleaning as per training.
Due to Covid-19 advice from the government and industry professionals we will be making the following changes to breakfast service:
- We will have 4 time slots (of 30 mins) between 8.15am and 9.15am. Guests must be seated not before these times and must vacate the dining room after 30 minutes, this is to enable adequate social distancing in the dining room.
- Pre-booked breakfast times – on arrival you will be asked whether you will be requiring breakfast for your stay and will agree which time slot you will attend. Please notify us if this changes.
- Pre-ordered breakfast via our website or paper form by 6pm the day before https://thelansburywhitby.co.uk/breakfast-order
- Guests are requested to keep movement around the dining room to a minimum – Alison will be on hand to help guests with their dining.
- All crockery, cutlery and individually portioned sachets of sugar/sweeteners, sauces, butter, jam/marmalade, salt and pepper will be placed on the tables for your exclusive use and will be removed from service on your departure.
- There will be no breakfast buffet. Individually portioned fruit salad, cereal and yoghurt will be an option on the pre-order form and served to your table.
- All drinks, including fruit juices, will be served to your table.
- Guests will be requested to sit at their assigned table, which will have their room number displayed on it.
- We are unable to seat guests from different households together.
- Use of the hand sanitiser before and after your breakfast will be encouraged
Facilities in rooms
Due to advice from the government and industry professionals we will be removing the following items, listed in our facilities details, from your rooms:
- Guest information book – This information will be made available online via https://thelansburywhitby.co.uk/guest-info
- Visitor guides and information leaflets from Visit Yorkshire – this information can be found electronically at https://www.yorkshire.com/
- Clock radios
We will not be removing the following items, but would ask that if you require them to be removed from the room that you contact us prior to your arrival:
- Glasses, mugs and spoons
- Hospitality Tray with tea/coffee/hot chocolate/sugar/milk/biscuits
- Hair Dryer
- Complimentary toiletries – shower gel, hand wash and shampoo
- TV and sky remote controls
- Bed cushions
- Bed throws
- Individual face cloths
We will not be providing the following items in your room, which you may wish to bring along yourselves:
- Personal hand sanitiser – we do have an automatic hand sanitiser unit, with 70% alcohol sanitiser, situated in the main hallway on the ground floor for your use when leaving and entering the building and before and after dining.
- Anti-bacterial wipes
- Any form of PPE – Masks/Aprons etc
During your stay we will not be servicing your room to minimise risks to guests and ourselves. This means that we will not be entering rooms to empty bins, replenish hospitality trays, change towels or tidy beds. If you need any of these services, please follow this guidance:
- If your bin needs emptying, then leave it (not just the bag) outside your room before 11am and we will empty it and insert a new bag.
- If you would like more items for your hospitality tray, please leave the tray outside your room before 11am and we will replenish it for you.
- If you require any changes to bedding/towels during your stay please let us know. We will provide you with a bag to put the dirty items in and clean items for you to use.
Expectations from guests
- To complete the pre-check-in form emailed to you prior to arrival
- Not to travel if you develop symptoms of Covid-19 (as advised by the government and the NHS)
- Inform us, immediately, if you develop any Coronavirus symptoms during your stay – 07825303322 or 07584903327 – government guidance
- To be respectful of the need for social distancing with other guests and owners.
- To keep movement around the house to a minimum and maintain 2m social distancing. This may mean waiting for other guests to come down stairs or exit the house. Please do not cross guests on the stairs, there is ample space on the landings on the 1st and 2nd floors to maintain adequate social distancing.
- To follow government advice to wash hands regularly or use hand sanitiser.
- To wear a face mask in all communal areas, hallways, stairs and dining room (when not sat at your table)
- To comply with Government’s NHS Test & Trace requirements to ‘check-in’ to The Lansbury using the NHS-Covid19 app by scanning the QR Code. This code can be found in the entrance and also in each room.
You can view our risk Assessment document by clicking the link below. If you have any questions, please get in touch with us.
Suspected COVID cases and guest self-isolation – Government Guidance
If a guest presents themselves with symptoms of COVID-19 or is asymptomatic but declares the need to self-isolate, they should be advised to self-isolate according to current government guidance.
If a guest is displaying signs of the Covid-19 virus while staying in overnight accommodation for a permitted reason, they should inform the accommodation provider, immediately self-isolate where they are to minimise any risk of transmission, and request a test. If they are confirmed to have Covid-19, they should return home if they reasonably can. They should use private transport but only drive themselves if they can do so safely. If a guest cannot reasonably return home (for example because they are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport), their circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority. Guests should follow government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection. Once the guest has returned to their main residence, they should continue to follow the government guidance on self-isolation, household isolation and social distancing.